This race is not for trail novices, those who are afraid of heights, runners who lack a sense of humour or anyone who wants to stay clean!
£12 affiliated, £14 unaffiliated
- What’s Included….. The use of a loo, memories, adrenaline filled trail running fun, destroyed lungs and legs, rapturous applause as you cross the finish line!
- Spot prizes for segment winners and new sneakers for the fastest man and woman.
- Date: 22nd May 2021
- Venue: Chopwell Woods, Gateshead, NE39 1LT
- Start Time: 9am
- Registration: All done via post unless restrictions change
- Directions: the wood is not signposted until the entrance in the village of High Spen (B6315). Access to the B6315 from the south is off the A694 at Rowlands Gill or from the north at the A695 at Greenside.
Chopwell Woodland Park is a 360-hectare mixed woodland on the fringe of Gateshead. Miles of woodland paths and old colliery railway tracks make it extremely popular with walkers and cyclists. The race route follows single trails and mountain bike tracks which are not often accessed by runners. Some very steep technical terrain makes for adrenaline fuelled quad blasting descending and with almost 1350ft of ascent crammed into the 10k you’re going to be working you’re socks off throughout.
The race starts and finishes at the Pines which is near to the main car park.
- Terrain conditions – a mixture of very technical bumpy mountain biking trails, steep dirt downhills, lung busting climbs and rocky and rooty cliff top ridges.
- Not for trail running novices or those under 18.
- The route will be fully waymarked.
- There will be a race HQ with toilets.
- There are spaces for approx. 200 cars
- There will be medical support available on the course.
- Water/food at the start and finish area. (food to purchase)
Note on potential changes due to Coronavirus: due to the current pandemic, the event may be subject to enhanced restrictions and guidelines, such as waved starts, online race briefings etc. We will communicate these fully with you in due course. As with all of our events, should the event be cancelled due to COVID, you will be entitled to claim a refund as one of your options.