This is a new challenge, it can be completed at anytime but would make a great club (Covid secure) training session when we are permitted to see other humans in a club setting.
The idea is to replicate a XC race, so 3 x 2 mile trail/field/ mud pit laps, basically anywhere but on tarmac. Mixed teams of 10 (handicap for men). Each team member completes all 3 laps…yes the ladies also, and records their elapsed time, all the times are added together to produce a team total. Fastest total time wins.
If you wish, you can complete your 3 laps at different times within the time frame, for example one on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as long as you use the same loop. Or you can complete all 3 laps in one go at your club training session or in your own time.
There is also a Junior team event, where under 12’s complete 1 lap, and 12-16 year old children complete 2 laps. Mixed teams of 10 for the chance to win an Athletics development kit worth £500
- Your mixed team must complete the challenge between 18th-25th October
- Your team must contain 10 members.
- You must all complete 3 x 2 mile loops, you must use the same loop for each of your 2 mile laps
- You may complete your loops on different days but they must be on the same loop
- You must record your effort in elapsed time.
- You must observe social distancing guidance at all times.
- Junior teams are made up of children 12 years and younger, 12 + can take part in the adult teams
- There will be prizes for the team to complete the challenge in the shortest elapsed team total, spot prizes for the best pictures and a £500 athletics development kit for the winning junior team.
- There is a £1 per person fee payable to paypal