Sunday 3rd January 2021
Our Hamsterley Forest Winter trail ½ Marathon (trail miles so don’t expect 13.1) will follow the wonderful crisp trails and tracks of the beautiful forest park, undulating but rewarding, with spectacular views of the valley and forest. This is the perfect opportunity to spend some time working off festive indulgences in a spectacular winter wonderland location.
Your entry and what’s included £25 affiliated-£27 non affiliated
- Branded Mug.
- Hot soup and roll.
- free downloadable event pictures, event artwork/logo and certificate
- Cash prizes for the first 3 males and females.
- Free future race places to all category winners
- a packet of Wild flower seeds.
- Venue: Hamsterley Forest Park, Bishop Auckland DL13 3QH
- Start Time: 11 am
- Registration: 9-10.30 am
Hamsterley Forest is the largest forest in County Durham and covers 4900 square acres.
The Forest is great for trail running and enjoying the local wildlife, if you’re lucky you may spot one of the Deer or Squirrels. Starting and finishing at the picnic area next to the main car park. The route follows well marked footpaths, forest trails and woodland tracks.
We are an eco-friendly company and, on that basis, we don’t use disposable plastic cups and don’t offer T shirts or medals as many go to waste after the events. As with all of our events we will be collecting Pre-loved running kit so that we can pass it all on to up cycling schemes. We are actively encouraging participants to give something back to the environment which is why your race goodies are a little bit different. We are including a packet of mixed wild flower seeds for you to plant which will encourage bees and other pollinators to visit your garden and is great for the environment.
Terrain conditions – a mixture of hard packed gravel tracks, single twisting dirt tracks and occasional muddy bridleway.
- Ideal for trail novices and more experienced trail runners.
- The route will be fully waymarked.
- There will be a race HQ with toilets.
- There are plenty of car parking spaces but participants are encouraged to car share when possible. Discounted parking charges apply.
- There will be medical support from Rapid Reaction NE Ltd who will be on the course throughout the event.
- Water/nibbles provided at mile 5, mile 10 and the finish area.
- Weather – at this time of year it is normal for the temperature to fall below freezing therefore there will be a mandatory kit list for your safety. This will be communicated in the pre event communications.