Sunday 2nd January 2022
Our Hamsterley Forest Winter trail ½ Marathon (trail miles so don’t expect 13.1)and new 10k option will both follow the wonderful crisp trails and tracks of the beautiful forest park, undulating but rewarding, with spectacular views of the valley and forest. This is the perfect opportunity to spend some time working off festive indulgences in a spectacular winter wonderland location.
Your entry and what’s included £25 affiliated-£27 non affiliated for the half
£20 affiliated and £22 unaffiliated for the 10k
- Eco Friendly bespoke event medal.
- Hot soup and roll.
- free downloadable event pictures
- Prizes for the first 3 open men and women, 1st places 40-49, 50-59 and 60+.
- Free future race places to all category winners
- a packet of Wild flower seeds.
- Venue: Hamsterley Forest Park, Bishop Auckland DL13 3QH
- Start Time: 11 am
- Registration: 9-10.30 am
Hamsterley Forest is the largest forest in County Durham and covers 4900 square acres.
The Forest is great for trail running and enjoying the local wildlife, if you’re lucky you may spot one of the Deer or Squirrels. Starting and finishing at the picnic area next to the main car park. The route follows well marked footpaths, forest trails and woodland tracks.
We are an eco-friendly company, and on that basis, we don’t use disposable plastic cups and don’t offer T shirts as standard – many go to waste after events. As with all of our races we will be collecting pre-loved running kit so that we can pass it all onto an up-cycling scheme which we are supporting. We are actively encouraging participants to give something back to the environment which is why your race goodies are a little bit different. We are including a packet of mixed wildflower seeds for you to plant which will encourage bees and other pollinators to visit your garden and are great for the environment.
Note on potential changes due to Coronavirus: due to the current pandemic, the event may be subject to enhanced restrictions and guidelines, such as waved starts, online race briefings etc. We will communicate these fully with you in due course. As with all of our events, should the event be cancelled due to COVID, you will be entitled to claim a refund as one of your options.
Terrain conditions – a mixture of hard packed gravel tracks, single twisting dirt tracks and occasional muddy bridleway.
- Ideal for trail novices and more experienced trail runners.
- The route will be fully waymarked.
- There will be a race HQ with toilets.
- There are plenty of car parking spaces but participants are encouraged to car share when possible. Discounted parking charges apply.
- There will be medical support from Rapid Reaction NE Ltd who will be on the course throughout the event.
- Water/nibbles provided at mile 5, mile 10 and the finish area.
- Weather – at this time of year it is normal for the temperature to fall below freezing therefore there will be a mandatory kit list for your safety. This will be communicated in the pre event communications.